Executive Assistant to Executive Director and Partnership
Portland Rescue Mission
Work Location: Administration Office
Reports to: Executive Director
Employment Status: Full Time, Exempt
Effective Date: April 2018
Typical Hours Required: Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Pay Range: Salary depending on experience.
Are you a highly skilled and experienced executive assistant with a heart for the hurting in our city? Are you ready to use your considerable organizational and communication skills to advance a faith-based ministry with 100 staff and 1750 volunteers in providing a wide range of services for men, women and children suffering from homelessness and addiction? Do you provide excellent administrative support with a view to enhancing the time-management and strategic outcomes of your team? If the answer to these questions is yes, then this role may be a opportunity for you to thrive and advance the work of Portland Rescue Mission.
The Executive Assistant to Executive Director and Partnership is a strategic role that provides the primary administrative support for the Executive Director and the Partnership Team which is responsible for cultivating significant donor engagement.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for the Executive Director’s schedule maintenance, information organization and communications coordination. The Executive Assistant will also provide administrative support for the donor-relations work of the Executive Director and the Partnership Team that focuses on relational development with individuals, businesses and foundations. This support will include: coordinating special donor tours and events; serving as liaison with the Gift Processing Team and Marketing Team in order to ensure the Executive Director and each member of the Partnership Team are receiving adequate support from various customer relationship management (CRM) software products maintained by these teams; and serving as liaison with the Marketing team to ensure timely delivery of quality marketing materials and services.
The Executive Assistant must demonstrate a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. All aspects of this role require excellent communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to remain flexible and be highly relational in the midst of working on timely projects.
Executive Director Support:
- Coordinate and, as needed, create executive communications with staff, vendors, donors and the community
- Organize and maintain paper and electronic files
- Coordinate and maintain calendar including meetings, events and travel
- Handle logistics and prepare any necessary materials for meetings, events and conference calls initiated by the Executive Director
- Ensure, in the ED's absence, that all requests for action and information are responded to in a timely and appropriate manner
- Anticipate the upcoming administrative support needs with a view to enhancing time-management and minimizing rushed preparations
Partnership Team Support:
- In collaboration with the Gift Processing Team and the Systems Analyst on the Marketing Team, ensure the CRM software systems are providing excellent donor data and donor interaction support to Partnership staff and the Executive Director
- Liaison with the Marketing Team to obtain appropriate, timely marketing materials and services support required by the Partnership Team
- Coordinate Partnership meetings and donor tours/events, ensuring appropriate Portland Rescue Mission staff are mobilized and all tour/event elements are appropriately planned and executed
- Assist the Director of Partnership in creating and maintaining team administrative practices that improve time-management, cultivate intimate donor relationships and facilitate harmonious interfaces with other PRM teams and outside vendors
- Demonstrate professional discretion in all areas of work
- Participate in Partnership staff meetings and activities as required
- Serve a minimum of two hours per week in a direct ministry capacity at one of Portland Rescue Mission’s locations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- College degree in related field or experience equivalent
- Several years experience in administrative support roles preferably in a sales or donor environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and CRM software
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Professional, warm and friendly demeanor
- Strong ability to identify and self-manage necessary tasks
- Advanced organizational abilities
- High attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Strong decision-making ability
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. unassisted
Personal Attributes & Values
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and a testimony of continued growth in faith
- Spiritual maturity as defined by traditional biblical standards
- Adheres to Portland Rescue Mission's Statement of Faith and Code of Ethics
- Desire to serve God in the ministry to hurting men, women and children
- A pleasant, grace filled manner toward others
- Possess and demonstrates excellent integrity
- Composed and professional
- Telephone, fax and voice mail
- Copier and related office equipment
Other Duties as Assigned
In this and any position with Portland Rescue Mission, it is impossible to predict the many requests and assignments that can and will be made on an employee. Flexibility and a cooperative spirit are crucial characteristics of the person who holds this important position and for the successful operation of Portland Rescue Mission services.
We share the Word of God and demonstrate the love of Christ to transform the lives of people experiencing homelessness or addiction.