Administrative Assistant for Partnership Team
Portland Rescue Mission
Work Location: Administration Office
Reports to: Director of Partnership
Employment Status: Full Time, Non-exempt
Effective Date: March 2018
Typical Hours Required: Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Pay Range: Hourly rate depending on experience.
The Administrative Assistant for Partnership manages all aspects of office administration for the Partnership office at Portland Rescue Mission. This is a great opportunity to work at the core of an excellent, Christ-centered ministry that is serving thousands of people in need every year in Portland.
This position is a mix of office tasks, task and project management of partnership strategies and execution that encompasses donors, businesses, foundations and the community in order to move the Mission forward. Responsibilities include scheduling meetings, developing process and systems and task management, coordinating special projects and overall administrative duties for the Partnership team (Community/corporate, foundations and individual donors). This position must be able to remain flexible and be highly relational in the midst of working on timely projects with close support to the Director of Partnership and the rest of the Partnership team.
The right candidate will have a true can-do attitude, a warm and hospitable demeanor, a passion for engaging and equipping the full range of partnership spectrum (foundations, businesses, non-profits and individuals) for deeper engagement into the Mission, value organization and time-management, and a heart to assist and come alongside a Supervisor with a wide variety projects. They will thrive in a creative and fast paced environment and enjoy helping create a workplace where people love to work with them and help create systems, form and process as we go.
- Learn and use various CRM products (CiviCRM, Volgistics, etc).
- Work with site staff to provide light support in regards to involvement, materials and general partnership functions. Some travel between sites required.
- Respond to all requests from the community, foundations, businesses and individuals and the like in a timely and Christ-centered manner
- Be a key assistant to the Director of Partnership on the wide-variety of relational events, projects and activities.
- Demonstrate professional discretion in all areas of work
- Participate in staff meetings as required
- Participate in partnership activities and projects as required
- Serves a minimum of two hours per week in a direct ministry capacity at one of Portland Rescue Mission’s ministry centers to develop and enhance a culture of hospitality
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- College degree in related field or experience equivalent
- Proficient in Mac or Windows environment and basic software suites
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Professional, warm and friendly demeanor
- Strong ability to identify and self-manage necessary tasks
- Advanced organizational abilities
- High attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. unassisted
Personal Attributes & Values
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and a testimony of continued growth in faith
- Spiritual maturity as defined by traditional Biblical Standards
- Adheres to Portland Rescue Mission's Statement of Faith and Code of Ethics
- Desire to serve God in the ministry to hurting men, women and children
- A pleasant, gentle, grace filled manner toward others
- Possess and demonstrates excellent integrity
- Composed and professional
- Strong team player and self-starter
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks as assigned
- Telephone, fax and voice mail
- Copier and related office equipment
Other Duties as Assigned
In this and any position with Portland Rescue Mission, it is impossible to predict the many requests and assignments that can and will be made on an employee. Flexibility and a cooperative spirit are crucial characteristics of the person who holds this important position and for the successful operation of Portland Rescue Mission services.
We share the Word of God and demonstrate the love of Christ to transform the lives of people experiencing homelessness or addiction.