Women's Recovery Manager
Portland Rescue Mission
Department: New Life Ministry for Women and Children
Work Location: Shepherd's Door
Reports to: Director of New Life Ministries
Employment Status: Full Time, Exempt
Effective Date: December 2017
Typical Hours Required: Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 5:00, other evenings and weekends as needed
Pay Range: Salary depending on experience
Overview of Job
The Women’s Recovery Manager will manage 2-4 staff and oversee the delivery of case management and addictions recovery program components, seeking the successful recovery of all residents at Shepherd’s Door and integration with all aspects of program. The Women’s Recovery Manager is responsible to oversee, develop and coordinate the growth of a Family Group of residents (around 12 women) through integrating addictions recovery, spiritual formation and life skills training all aiming toward the result of Christ-centered, life transformation. The Women’s Growth Leader will work alongside other staff and volunteers to implement the various components of the New Life Ministry for women while creating a safe, highly relational and Christ-centered ministry environment. This person will be passionate and skilled in discerning and coaching women to success in Christian discipleship and addictions recovery. In addition, this person will be a strong communicator and mobilizer of staff and volunteers so that others are equipped to best serve each woman. CADC licensing is required.
- Be a discipleship presence, integrating addictions recovery, spiritual formation and life skills training all aiming toward life transformation in Christ for all Shepherd’s Door residents.
- Manage the recovery staff team (Case Manager, Recidivism Prevention Specialist and additional program staff) by supporting, guiding and supervising their delivery of recovery program components and following of all New Life Ministries procedures.
- Oversee program participation and progress for approximately 12 women, meeting with residents one-on-one weekly.
- Discern spiritual and recovery growth for each woman in Family Group and reflect progress on growth plan to determine forward movement in program.
- Communicate with and effectively mobilize a variety of staff and volunteers to best meet the needs of each woman - addressing core struggles and leverage core strengths.
- Proactively and relationally engage with residents in the areas of correction using all New Life Ministry growth tools to exhort towards Christ-like living and healthy relationships.
- Organize and teach curriculum, classes and groups specific to the needs of the residents.
- Regularly document progress of each resident through case notes and other database tools.
- Grow residents through providing discipleship and recovery tools to support a Christ-centered life free from addiction.
- Support the equipping of other staff, volunteers and church partners for significant ministry.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Demonstrate and minister as a highly relational Christ-centered servant.
- Support ministry coverage at Shepherd’s Door, being available for necessary program operations (e.g. UA/BA, exits, med call).
- Fully integrate Life Skills, Addictions Recovery and Spiritual Formation so that each resident is fully equipped for life after Shepherd’s Door.
- Integrate and seek ministry cohesion with all Portland Rescue Mission ministries utilizing other Portland Rescue Mission ministries whenever possible.
- Assist in crisis counseling and pastoral care.
- Provide support to PRM in acting as liaison between PRM and the variety of volunteers, donors, and churches, which support the Mission.
- Participate in PRM special events including meetings and retreats.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Alcohol/drug certification (CADC)
- Excellent knowledge of Christian spiritual formation, chemical dependency, addiction recovery and counseling specific to relapse prevention
- Proficient in communication, documentation, organization, scheduling and group and classroom participation
- Experience in Mac and Microsoft Windows software
- Experience in using a database and case notes
Personal Attributes & Values
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and a testimony of continued growth in faith
- Spiritual maturity as defined by traditional Biblical Standards and growing in it through the regular practice of the spiritual disciplines
- Maintain an exemplary Christian life and example
- Adheres to Portland Rescue Mission's Statement of Faith and Code of Ethics
- Ability to support and articulate the programs of Portland Rescue Mission
- Desire to serve God in the ministry to hurting men, women and children
- A pleasant, gentle, grace filled manner toward others
- Prompt and thorough in job performance
- Possess and demonstrates excellent integrity
- Composed, professional and creative problem solver
- Strong team player and self-starter
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks as assigned
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. unassisted
- Telephone, fax and voice mail
- Copier and related office equipment
Other Duties as Assigned:
In this and any position with Portland Rescue Mission, it is impossible to predict the many requests and assignments that can and will be made on an employee. Flexibility and a cooperate spirit are crucial characteristics of the person who holds this important position and for the successful operation of Portland Rescue Mission services.
We exist to demonstrate the compassion of Christ.
We behave as highly relational Christ-centered servants.
Shepherd’s Door is a community dedicated to restoring women and children who are in great need of healing from life crises and addiction. Our 12-month, Christ-centered residential program provides a safe, relational environment that cultivates sustainable life restoration through integrated addiction recovery, life skills training and spiritual formation in a retreat-like setting.
In New Life Ministries we take a highly-relational approach to growth. Join a team that serves together to model Christ-like living and achieve lasting transformation in the women and children we serve.