PRM Internship Program (Paid)
Thank you for your interest in our Paid Internship Program, designed to develop interns in ministry and leadership, prepare them for a career in a non-profit, and grow them as a Highly Relational, Christ-Centered, Joyful Servant. Applications for the 2023/2024, 9 Month (Fall-Spring) Internship program year (beginning in late August 2023) are currently being accepted. Program enrollment is limited to 6 interns per year, allowing interns to both be a part of a community of interns, while still getting individual attention from staff. Interns must be between the ages of 20-25.
The PRM Internship Program is offered in partnership with Vision+Call by the Murdock Foundation and offers mentorship from experienced PRM staff, training that follows an "apprenticeship" model of learning, intentional conversations concerning vocation, calling, and giftedness, a significant ministry experience, and opportunities to integrate with a larger movement of emerging leaders. The Portland Rescue Mission Internship Program is designed for individuals who are seeking to discern their vocational calling.
Here's a little more information about the Portland Rescue Mission Internship Program.
- Applications for internship opportunities may be submitted at any time however entrance into the program occurs in June (Summer Internship) and August (9 Month Internship).
- Internship program options include Summer (10 weeks), and 9 month (Fall-Spring).
- Applications are reviewed by the Internship Program Team
- Individuals who best fit our ministry culture and internship openings will be invited into an interview process
- Interns will serve in a primary ministry area while gaining exposure in a secondary ministry other area. Service area is determined in collaboration with the Intern.
- In addition to service, interns will experience classroom learning hours, community building (e.g. activities, retreats) and mentorship
- Internship roles are 40 hours per week. Specific schedule depends on role. Additional schooling or employment can't conflict with intern schedule.
- Interns will be paid $5000 per quarter ($4000 for summer)
- Live-in options are available (no additional cost)
Portland Rescue Mission is seeking Internship applicants who meet the following qualifications.
- A passionate relationship with Jesus Christ and a testimony of continued growth in faith
- A desire to serve women and women with children impacted by homelessness and addiction
- Agreement with Portland Rescue Mission’s Statement of Faith and Code of Ethics
- A personal ethos and work ethic that reflects Portland Rescue Mission’s ministry culture – Highly Relational, Christ-Centered, Joyful Servant
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed
- A willingness to serve where needed, desire to grow and learn
- Prompt and thorough in responsibilities, take initiative and be open to feedback
- Desire to work with others and grow in relationship with other staff and interns
Click "Apply for this position" below to apply now.
PORTLAND RESCUE MISSION DISTINCTIVES
To exalt Jesus by cultivating transformed lives
OUR UNIQUE APPROACH
From the first sandwich that was shared in 1949, to today's fully integrated emergency, recovery, and training services, Portland Rescue Mission is a highly relational ministry. The Mission builds supportive and caring communities, meets people at their point of need, equips them, and provides a path forward. In-depth partnership with churches and volunteers, multiple tiers of services and a focus on growing Christian disciples is fundamental to Portland Rescue Mission’s success.