Marketing Communications Manager
Portland Rescue Mission, is seeking a Marketing Communications Manager. This gifted servant will personify strategic creativity, marketing best practices, and teamwork as they join a Christ-centered team with an award-winning culture and a commitment to serving others.
Are you ready to make a lasting difference as you share the story of people finding hope and life restoration? If so, we invite you to thoughtfully consider this unique opportunity.
- How to apply: We ask all applicants to apply through the Portland Rescue Mission online application form found on our careers page: https://portlandrescuemission.hiringthing.com/
- Status: Full-Time, Regular, Exempt
- Reports To: Director of Marketing
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 8-5, other evenings and weekends as needed,
- Location: Administration Office (13207 NE Halsey St. Portland, OR)
- Pay Rate: Depending on Experience
THE MARKETING TEAM
The Marketing Department at Portland Rescue Mission (PRM) is a group of dedicated professionals using their marketing skills to raise provision for life-restoring Christian ministry by excellence in fund raising and brand enhancement through direct mail, digital, social media, tele/radio-thons, media relations, and advertising support for PRM’s social enterprises. Our goal is to tell the stories of what God is doing in the lives of the people we serve with integrity and excellence. In doing this, we honor the lives of those we serve and share their testimony in a way that invites others into partnership with PRM through service, prayer, and financial support.
The Marketing Communications Manager is the key strategic lead for increasing brand perception and marketing revenues by assuring clarity, accuracy, consistency, and donor connection in all marketing communications. This includes the development of content strategies, new initiatives, media relations, and event coordination. This role will build on and expand existing marketing foundations to strategically share the stories of transformed lives. Donors will be drawn into deeper connection and partnership with the ministries of PRM. The successful candidate will be an experienced marketing professional, a relational storyteller, and someone with a heart for serving people suffering from hunger, homelessness, or addiction in the name of Jesus.
- Individuals, businesses, and churches in our community will be inspired to partner with the work of PRM by encountering powerful stories of changed lives and community betterment via strategic marketing campaigns across a variety of broad and targeted platforms
- PRM’s brand narrative of Giving Hope and Restoring Life is reinforced in all marketing communications
- Donors receiving PRM marketing communications will feel valued, known, engaged, and appreciated from the moment they are acquired and throughout their entire partnership with PRM
- Utilizing donor development best practices, monitor messaging content across all marketing channels to assure clarity, consistency, accuracy, and quality of donor experience,
- In collaboration with the Donor Relations team, lead the creation and execution of events specifically geared to engage high-capacity donors and prospects
- Serve as PRM spokesperson in all media channels (video, television, radio, podcast, and print) and ensure that the public is educated and informed about the work of PRM through strategic and timely use of public relations, media-management, and press releases
- Produce compelling marketing copy, sharing the community impact of PRM’s work and the stories of the people we serve with sensitivity, clarity, accuracy, and consistency ensuring that the dignity and restorative journey of guests and program participants are thoughtfully considered
- Conduct market research, focus groups, and testing to refine existing and innovate new strategies for growing PRM’s revenue
- Supervise the Marketing Coordinator and Digital Content Specialist
- Serve a minimum of two hours per week in a direct ministry role at one of PRM’s locations by providing compassionate care to the people served in PRM’s programs
BACKGROUND AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree in related field or experience equivalent
- Demonstrated, progressive responsibility in a professional marketing setting
- Superb content strategy skills
- Excellent grammatical and written communication skills, particularly in crafting compelling, audience-appropriate copy
- Comfort with public speaking and on camera
- Self–starter with the ability to multi-task and deliver in a deadline oriented environment
- Capacity to manage media relationships and serve as a spokesperson
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Prefer familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat), Basecamp, Dropbox, and Wordpress
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and a testimony of continued growth in faith
- Spiritual maturity as defined by traditional biblical standards
- Adheres to PRM's Statement of Faith and Code of Ethics
- Participate in the PRM ministry culture of being a Highly Relational, Christ-Centered, Joyful Servant
- Desire to serve God in a ministry to hurting men, women, and children
MISSION AND DISTINCTIVES
To exalt Jesus by cultivating transformed lives
OUR UNIQUE APPROACH
From the first sandwich that was shared in 1949, to today's fully integrated emergency, recovery, and training services, Portland Rescue Mission is a highly relational ministry. The Mission builds supportive and caring communities, meets people at their point of need, equips them, and provides a path forward. In-depth partnership with churches and volunteers, multiple tiers of services and a focus on growing Christian disciples is fundamental to Portland Rescue Mission’s success.